Database Migration, today……
Yes, today, at 5 pm, we start to migrate our database server, from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. It’s has been plan about 1 month ago.🙂
I hope, all task running well, cause there no DTS at source database.
Here my step :
- Backup all database at SQL Server 2000.
- Restore backup at SQL 2005.
- Setting user access for each database.
- Create routing at database server. Allow only to several PC/Server to access this DB Server.
- Test all application using new database server.
- If Any DTS, using DTS Migration wizard, cause there no “fungky” task at our DTS.
Wish me luck, It’s time to rock my user with new server and new database engine🙂